Article Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Crecynthia R.
Founder & Owner of: Falvor Me This
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Food Writer
We love Summer right!? Beaches, vacations, and grilling!!! When you think about it, summer grilling isn’t just an excuse for us to be shameless carnivores and eat ridiculous amounts of meat. It enables us to enjoy hot fresh food without heating up the house! Genius yes? But we can’t grill everyday of the Summer (as awesome as that sounds).
The one downside to Summer is the hassle of cooking indoors. It’s already hot outside, you’ve got the AC blasting and you DEFINITELY don’t want to heat up your house by using the oven! So here are a few quick meals and snacks that will help keep you and your house cool! (Pssst… and they’re healthy-ish too!)
1. Tuna salad. This is by far one of my favorite summer lunches! There’s lots of protein and it’s nice and cold! Here’s what you need:
- 2 cans of tuna in water
- 1 jar of sandwich spread
- 2 boiled eggs (chopped)
Scoop your tuna out into a container. Spoon out enough sandwich spread to completely cover the tuna (about 1/2 a jar is enough for 2 cans). Add your chopped eggs and mix well with a spoon. Let it chill for a few hours and voila! I personally like to scoop it up with Ritz crackers but you can of course make sandwiches as well.
2. Fruit with Cottage Cheese. When I was little I used to have this alllll the time at my Grandma’s house during the Summer. Just chop up some of your favorite fruits and toss it in a bowl with your desired amount of cottage cheese. I like to use cantaloupe and grapes!
3. Turkey Wraps. Super simple! Grab a tortilla and add turkey, cheese, veggies, or whatever you like!
4. Jello Jelly Beans. These are so much fun to make! All you need is:
- Jelly Bean Mold
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water or juice (Do not add cold water.)
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Gelatin, any flavor
You can find the full recipe here
5. Pasta Salad. This is a perfect side dish for your backyard barbecues! Here’s a tasty recipe for Italian Pasta Salad courtesy of The Comfort of Cooking
Stay cool food lovers!
Article Credits: Crecynthia R.
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor