Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Sybil Mahlangu
Founder & Owner of: Sybilfem
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Food & Drink and Writing Writer
Between pre-heating the oven and ending up with an absolutely delicious dessert, there are a few steps that you need to follow. These will lead you to a mouth watering sweet (or savory) treat.
1. Preparing Cake Tins.
You need to always be sure that baking sheets, cupcake trays, baking tins etc, are prepared correctly before use.
- Using a non-stick spray.
- Greasing the tins with flour and butter.
- Lining the tin with silicone paper or grease proof paper.
- Making use of a Teflon baking mat.
2. While Baking
- Pre-heating the oven is very important. This starts the baking process immediately – well, after placing the product in the oven.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven.
- Avoid opening the oven door, maybe only after it has baked for 3/4 of the time. Opening the oven door could lead the product to sinking – no one wants that.
- Be aware of timing, although the timing may vary according to the type of oven.
3. Making Sure The Dish Is Ready
- Using a metal skewer or a fork, insert it into the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- When the cake separates from the tin, or when the product is golden brown and well risen, it also means it’s ready.
4. Finishing Presentation
- Make sure that the product has cooled down. There’s nothing worse than piping onto a hot/warm cake and all the icing starts to melt. Yikes!
- Make sure you’ve researched different types of decorating such as piping, crystallised fruits, chocolate ganache etc.
- Decorating can be quite a task but it’s also really fun to do!
Follow these steps and you’ll sure end up with a treat that will rock your socks off!
Article Credits: Sybil Mahlangu
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor