- Write awesome, engaging headlines.
- Incorporate relevant stories.
- Format your content to make it scannable
- Use visuals.
- Give something valuable away for free.
1. Use Powerful, Emotional Connecting Headlines
The headline’s purpose is to get the audience to read the first sentence, and the main purpose of the first sentence is to get your audience to read the second sentence and so forth. If people don’t find your headline interesting, they will obviously not bother about the rest of the content.
Now here are 6 ways you can do it:
- Reason Why
- Ask a burning question
- Mistakes, errors, and goofs
- Write a Guide
- The Why
- List posts
- Classic How-to
2. Blog Readers Love Storytelling
We are story addicts because they connect to our emotions and our brain cells. They are a powerful mode of communication. We use stories to live and relive the moments!
So why use story telling?
- Stories increase credibility and clarity in the facts you write. That is the same purpose that testimonials achieve.
- Stories make you bond with readers. This is because they involve emotions which make it hard to forget.
- Stories are entertaining. People fancy entertainment. So share something fun, fascinating and outrageous.
- Stories win the attention of your readers. Use them in your opening and you’ll draw their attention to the entire post.
- Stories will inspire readers to take action. If you use a vivid story in your post that readers find interesting, they will hit the share button in no time. The same applies to a sales page where you want them to sign up for an offer or buy something.
3. Use more White Space
If you use huge blocks of 10 long sentences per paragraph, people will rarely read through. So, break your post into small paragraphs; even one-sentence paragraphs are acceptable.
When you write a short, engaging and value-packed paragraph, you’ll get more eyeballs on that paragraph and on the next one, till the end.
Create subheads to partition your content and tell your story. Also, play around with text size, fonts and bullet points.
Highlight some of the important words to ensure that your message stands out to grab the readers’ attention.
4. Use Visuals
Visual content contributes to 90 percent of all information transmitted to the human brain and the brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text. So to help, here are 3 ways you can improve your content with it!
Use videos on your site to announce new products, their features and to explain the products’ use. This is what successful companies do.
Videos are amazingly useful when it comes to revealing common problems that your customers face and how your product can solve such problems.
You can use different types of videos to enhance your business. These include how-to videos, customer testimonials, demonstrations or animated explainer videos. Whatever you choose, ensure that the videos resonate well with your brand’s ethos and overall style.
Use of infographics is a brilliant way to break down your complex data into a simple and digestible form. Infographics are memorable, creative and have a higher perceived value and this makes readers to not only want to see what is in them but also to share them.
To appeal to the audience, incorporate the right shapes, colors and fonts to communicate important information. Ensure that the information included in your infographics is contextually relevant and accurate.
Use of memes is an incredibly unique way to evoke your blog readers’ positive emotions and look unique from the competition. First off, you should establish if the memes will work well with your niche and whether they’ll spark any engagement with the audience.
Does your brand resonate well with a younger audience? Then this may work for you. Most importantly, memes allow you to add in some in-jokes, and this is a fantastic way to excite your audience and create a lively community for your brand.
5. Provide freebies
Blog Readers love FREE STUFF!
By giving away amazing helpful content for free, you will improve your credibility and position yourself as an expert. It is also the No 1 way to build a substantial email list.
So gift your blog readers a checklist, training video, 7 day e-course, infographics, recipes, cheat sheets, useful tips or anything else that resonates well with your niche and audience.
Your freebies will also entice readers to go back to your site and read more content. It will also encourage the blog reader to share your website and content with friends and colleagues.