Written By Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Pradeep Shrivastava
Founder & Owner of: Pradeep Shrivastava
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Blogging, Books, Entertainment, Family & Life, Successful Living Writer and Writing Writer
Reading has many benefits; here are 10 reasons which should encourage you to read.
1. Vocabulary: When you read an article or a book you may come across a new word(s) or a different usage of a word you are already familiar with.
2. Creativity: Unlike a TV serial or a movie, reading will make you think.
3. Pleasure: A good book or article is as enjoyable as a game of baseball.
4. History: Other than history books we can also learn historical facts by reading biography/autobiography or by reading books or novels set in a particular period or era.
5. News and Information: Magazines and newspapers not only keep us updated about the current events but about family, living, food, trends, etc.
6. Empathy: This is especially true for readers of literary fiction. The reason being, the incompleteness of the characters turn readers into writers.
7. Reduces stress: A good entertaining novel can also reduce a lot of stress.
8. Fighting Alzheimer’s: A study showed that elderly people who regularly read or play mentally challenging games are 2 ½ times less likely to have the debilitating illness.
9. Life goals: Reading about someone who overcame obstacles may motivate you to meet your own goals.
10. Reading can save your cash: Reading is always cheaper than splurging your money at a pub or watching a movie at a cinema hall.
Article Credits: Pradeep Shrivastava
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor
(For Books, Stories, Writing Bloggers & More)